View Single Post
# 2 06-03-2005 , 06:05 PM
Subscriber

Re: Converting Lightwave tut 2 Maya

Originally posted by junkyBob
First off what the heck is turbulance procedural, and is there anything simular in Maya and if so, then how?

I think the Maya equivelant would be a fractal texture node.

The second thing he mentions that I don't know if possible is that he also used texture layering. Is this possible in Maya and if so, then how?

Sure, the layered texture is at the bottom of the Create Render Node dialog.

The next question I have is that in Lightwave, light intensity is marked by precentages. Now I am assumming this, but not sure. What I think the conversion to this would be 0.69. Woul;d this be the correc setting for Maya?

Maya uses a 0 to 1 range, so .69 would be 69%. Note; it is possible to create "super bright" lights, i.e. over 1.0. Haven't found need for this myself yet.

The fourth question is that Jason also described that in his spotlight, he set the falloff to "Inverse Distance". Is there a way that I can do this in Maya and if so, then how?

By adjusting the decay rate type and falloff you should match this.

The last question I have is setting the map size and map fuzziness. I see that Maya has a map size option though what I am asking is that he had set it to 2000 which sounds a little high for Maya, though I never played with the map size before so I could be wrong. And as to the map fuzziness, I don't see an option there. Is there anything for this setting in Maya and if so, then what is it?

Okay I don't have clue on this last part. Sorry.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."