View Single Post
# 12 13-03-2005 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mhcannon
This would definetly be a lot of work, but would give you control as to where the drops are. You could either project drop shaped curves onto the surface then build up the drops surface from them or make the can live and draw the curve directly on the can and do the same. Also with the can live you could try a liquid paint effect.

It's more or less what I'm doing right now... building Nurbs waterdrops and place 'em on the MadeLive can. I can surely get the total control over it, shaping and deforming each one of them, BUT...
A). Having a whole damn 3D Universe inside Maya, I feel a little stupid while I'm modeling each drop one by one...
B). What if I'd like to render a scene with, say, two or more copies of the same can? It would be ok if they'll have the same label; not that much if they'll have the same drops on their surface.

As for the "Liquid Paint Effect"; it sounds like a good hint but I don't have time to try it, now. (Expect me to be back late tomorrow asking "Where are them?!" ;-)

TNX

ciĆ 
ale

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs,
it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation.