View Single Post
# 52 03-05-2010 , 02:27 AM
Subscriber
In an attempt to steer this away form the forbidden zone of Politics ( as per the forum rules) and the green gold Debate, which is political in nature to some extend, I offer this paradox for all of your consideration.

It is well known and discussed that Time travel presents a type of purgatory, a paradox, something that cannot be allowed to happen, if for no other reason then our minds cannot truly comprehend the outcome to any logical conclusion.

I.E. in the Great Hawkings Example on his docu about time travel.
A man invents a time machine, that has a window to the past.
He loads a gun, and opens a pathway to a time 5 minutes earlier, through this windows he watches himself load the gun, Then he shoots himself in the head before he was ever in the future with the gun to be able to shoot himself. Which begs the question, who shot him. it is a paradox and is not possible.

So I pose, A a paradox to you. Constant Readers.
You are born into a world, where your father became the next Hitler, you travel back in time and tell your grandfather he must kill your father, before you are born, so that he does not grow up to become said hitler.

You are some how able to convince your grandfather of this, and he does so. ....Who came back to warn him?

I also pose a question to you.
We are raised to believe, that time is linear...because our feeble human brains cannot conceive of any other such path for time to take, ...What other possibilities could their be for the flow of time its self.
Could time actually flow backwards to how we perceive it?
To say, Mayhap's what we do tomorrow, already happened, but time plays its self in reverse, and we perceive it as moving forward in a linear motion.

Or, what if time truly is a Wheel, not to be cliche with both Journey or Robert Jordan. As to say, What if to quote the "Book of Pithia" in the Re-imagined BSG series " All that has happened will happen again"...meaning time is a never ending loop,
the later would support the theory that the universe is in a constant cycle of renewal, I.E. it explodes, expands, contracts, and explodes again ( i have a different theory, but for argument sake )

The loops theory could also be used as an argument towards the reverse flow of time.

My theory on the beginning of the universe, will be saved to start off the next discussion in a day or two user added image

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!