Thread: Hummer
View Single Post
# 131 15-04-2011 , 03:09 AM
Cheers guys,

Think you are right Dave and will try and adjust it when I get a chance, is any easy fix as I just need to adjust the direction on that layer. I will upload a cinema render once I get the skin working out as I have been able to get the hair looking so much better already having run a few tests.

Cheers Honestdom, I will try and break up the texture some more, we are not wanting to much dirt etc as we wanted to keep the weapons looking relatively new. I think the texture could do with some more breaking up though and appreciate your thoughts. With regards to the skin I find it easy to set stuff up for single frames but find it to be a nightmare when it comes to using a character in a scene. For instance say I have a character sitting in a black hawk with all of the lights set up I will need to set the skin up for this shot, he then repels down a rope and the shot is lit from the sun so I need to re set up again. Also it is sometimes the case that the texture needs to be changed for different lighting and so I think it will cause problems. The other possibility is rendering everything in zbrush as you can now import mdd's although I would need to look into importing camera animation. Advantage of this would be the fast render times but the hair would be an issue.
Mainly just doing some research to find a solid method to get what we want done in a timely manner while still getting solid results. I know it can all be done in maya but know it is a lot of work and it would all fall on me as I am the only one who uses it. Advantage of using cinema would be it is very easy to learn + I would then have someone else help who knows it inside out.
Hopefully we will have a solid approach to this by the end of next week.

Cheers,

Leon