View Single Post
# 3 13-01-2004 , 09:51 AM
I like those plants with the balls hanging from them those are cool, The crystals are nice but I dont think that they show up enough. I also feel that the plants dont looks as though they are part of the scene, rather they look like they are sitting ontop of the terrain (which I guess they are user added image) I would add some little bits of grass around them to hide the join with the terrain, remember that they are supposed to be growing from the ground not placed upon it user added image

The shader on the pillars is a little "boring" compared with the rest of the scene, what sort of material were you going for there? I would add a better bump map and make the general colour of the thing more interesting.

The pool of water should be reflecting that big ass crystal hanging above it, at the moment there doesnt appear to be any sort of illumination from that crystal being shown up in the water.

My last point is the res of the ground texture. It looks blurred even from this distance, what size is the map? I would consider tiling it or making it huge (2k minimum) and then adding a bump/displacement map. Did you ever see my spiders animation from a long time ago? That texture map on the ground was 4k tiled 4times just to keep the resolution up (you dont need to go that extreme but you do need to boost it) user added image

I hope you take my comments in the constructive way they were meant user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB