View Single Post
# 48 09-11-2005 , 10:59 AM
Subscriber
Well all I can think is that Autodesk will slowly fade out Maya and incorporate some of its key features into Max. But I think this will take time. From what I have read nearly every major studio out there uses Maya as its front end with loads of custom plug-ins and things written for them. I can imagaine that they would be loath to change their Maya production pipelines to 3DS Max…

I think the whole thing just smacks of share price, someone just wants to make money and doesn't really care about the end-users. Maya and 3DS Max are BIG competitiors in the games market and with Autodesk buying out Alias and eventually phasing it out they will rule the gaming world - not sure abot the film world.

As far as the film world is concerned I can sense SOFTIMAGE licking its lips that a lot of people are going to switch to it's software along with a lot of studios.

Anyway, I am probably wrong on a lot of points so those in the know don't chastise me I am just airing my thoughts. I must admit I will be sad to see Maya in the hands of Autodesk even though I don't use Maya much - I still love the program!

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com