Thread: Deleted Files?
View Single Post
# 18 09-07-2007 , 12:56 PM
gster123 > 'look at the first post, the thread was initally for helping someone with a problem, not "how many files have you got on your PC?"'

Here some trivia user added image So far only 23.5% of posts have actually something to do with aiding my quest.

gster123 > 'Architect - Sorry I dont know of a programme to that will tell you when it was deleted, unless you mean the recycle bin?? as thet tells you in the porperties the date that it was deleted but its probably not what your after.'

Nah, I'm not after the recycle bin. I never use it for some reason and I leave it recycled (I'm regretting that).

I was after a program that can read your FAT and somehow through some very elite coding tell you when you've deleted the file. All of the file recovery apps I've tried doesn't tell you this and since my drive is littered with bits and pieces of junk from use, any chance of me finding files that may have been deleted (remember by switch went nuts, I didn't know wether I've lost anything or not) manually is virutally nil.

Jr.Who > 'lol, you PC users have to wait for it to tell you how many files there is?!'

Believe it or not, the process which Windows goes through to check how many files you have as well as your free disk space is actually very cpu intensive.

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!