View Single Post
# 1 07-07-2010 , 08:48 AM
Lifetime Member

normals inside out issue Spitfire tut

Ok...daverave has helped as have others. I have gone back..yes I did...and started to re-map the Spitty when I was getting bored with my Me-262 (as you do).

Now when I used the 'show normals' tab in UV editor..half of the plane was blue (normals ok) the other half red (not ok).

Now when I went back into model view I checked and reversed etc etc but it didnt do anything. NOW I have discovered (after 16 pints dave) that HALF of the wing (example) was normal the other half wasnt??

So the underside was wrong BUT the top of the wing was ok. Now does anyone know how?why? or what I may have done to get this fantastic result? I followed Kurts steps in the making of the plane and DONT think I did anything he didnt do (I could be wrong here).

Any takers??? so now I have to go back...split the plane back into primary coloured sections and check/reverse the normals on these bits. I am using 'Normals>conform' or just revers..I assume they are almost identical functions??

have a beer with me and lets talk

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes