View Single Post
# 3 24-10-2008 , 06:16 PM
Subscriber
your first and second post appear to be different?

in the first you ask how to sort your materials? (materials are ordered by the name of the material so you just rename your materials)

in the second post you want to export your mesh and collision model and not have any materials on the collision model
in that case just delete the materials from the collision model when you export it

am i correct to read that you have two models you're exporting (in that example), one model, and one collision model. why not just delete the material from the collision model or assign no material?

i'm unfamiliar with the exporter you're using, but when i was using Steam and the smd plugins you'd export your models 3 times and the collision model didn't have any materials attached to it.

the reason why no one has answered your question is likely because no one knows what you've asked.

I for one haven't heard of "ordering materials for export" because it doesn't make sense. ordering materials to me sounds like you want to order them by name.

what's the purpose? the only thing the models keep when they are exported (related to materials) is the name of the materials (at least with smd files they do)
if its somethine like the order in which the materials are exported then i dont see any relevance in that because exported files should know the name of the material file.

Edit add: someone else who hasn't seen this thread might be able to answer your question. there might be some magic window or magic button in the hypershade to order your materials as you want them to.
actually, surely it's part of your plug in, as i mentioned before, typically exported models know the name of their materials, so it must be part of your plug in

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D

Last edited by Chirone; 24-10-2008 at 06:38 PM.