View Single Post
# 84 22-12-2005 , 09:24 AM
THX1138 - Good assumption user added image I have no idea about final gather type stuff. The only thing I did after enabling it was to lower the (photons?) or something so it rendered faster. I was going to up it again when I've got the textures out of the way. Thanks for the pointers, they are much appreciated and I'll give them a try tonight user added image

mayafreak3 - not at all, criticise away and the more the better user added image I'm still a total noob when it comes to rendering (and more or less to texturing!) so help is greatly appreciated!
1 - Yeah the wood texture has come out a little bright, think I'll darken it in photoshop and see how it comes out.
2 - Good point on the wood. I've been playing with the reflection this morning (when I should have been uving) to drop it a little. It is quite reflective in certain light but not as much as on the render.
3 - Willdo user added image any pointers on getting better renders will be helpful

Thanks guys, you're making what seems a (very) complicated area a lot easier to understand user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net