Thread: Hidden controls
View Single Post
# 4 03-02-2010 , 05:31 AM
Subscriber
i would think that if those controls are disabled then it's for a reason. i think when you rig something you're meant to lock awaythe controls and all sorts if stuff so that you limit the things that can be done with the rig. it makes it so that you can't start moving things around that something else controls or is dependant on and would make the rig less fragile to accidental movements that will make things go wonky and crazy

so more than likely whatever you have is probably controlled by something else, maybe it's locked (attribute will be grey) or controlled by expressions (attribute will be purple) orange i think means it's got a keyframe somewhere on it and yellow means it's controlled by set driven keys and blue means it's constrained (i think i got all the colours right, i might be making something up)

if it's controlled by expressions then you can look at the expression from the expression editor,
if it's controled by constraints you can see those in the channel box or in the hypergraph
same with set driven keys (in the hypergraph)
i think...

you can also limit scale, translate and rotate of an object in the attribute editor

if what you have is in an asset then all the controls the rigger intended you to have are in the asset container (unless they missed stuff out by accident)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D