View Single Post
# 16 17-12-2009 , 07:44 PM
is there any major difference to setting your loft tessellation controls to x number of U's which gives the resulting loft several points as well?

Nah, I never really fiddle with changing the "per span # of iso params" to anything other then 1 in U and 1 in V so that it matches the number of cv's in my profile curves. I rarely have need to have more the 1 span in the V direction.

Even when I use this to convert nurbs to poly surfaces I tend to rebuild the nurbs surface with the number of spans in U and V that I want in my polygon surface and then once again convert from nurbs to polygon using general, quad, and 1 for per span # of iso parms in U and V.

I did not spend a lot of time editing the video and I did the narration in a single take just off the top of my head. So I hope you are okay with me sputtering and having occasional points where I had brain lock.

Overall how did you like the video? I am thinking of trying to make more of these if folks find 'em useful. Not sure I am the best of voice talent though. Need to work on my British accent so I can say "Chamfer" and "Al-U-Minium" alot! (smile)

If I get good enough at it I might take a stab at doing a full on modeling tutorial.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675