View Single Post
# 6 24-10-2006 , 08:42 AM
Thanks for the tips you guys!

Actually yeah, I have seen lots of tutorials where they show you how to bind a human character, and his arms are hanging down at an angle a bit, and then I looked and it and thought "hey, THAT makes alot more sense than the cross pose!". And yeah, because a T pose might make deformations funny or something.

I really apologise again, because I should have posted this in the newbie section, I am still learning the basics of modelling and so, here I am trying to edit a game character in the most delicate, perfectionist way possible, and yet I never even done this before in a NORMAL way! lol. The only character I posed before was a robot, who had individual parented parts, rather than moving him via a skeleton and binding. So this is new what I'm learning.

Although lately I have had savere PC issues, so that's why I haven't been around (I haven't been ignoring you, just not online!), and now rather, I have to go back to square ONE with my model problem (I shall make a new topic about that), before I can tackle this rigging problem...

By the way, this one has me curious as my 9 year old son is BEGGING me to do Sonic and animate.. he's a total Sonic fanatic!! ( and I mean FANATIC! )

Hey, cool! I am a huge Sonic fan as well. In fact, I had a Sonic model I was working on, but I put him to the side for now, since I'm too busy tweaking Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 2 (yep! That's my current project I'm talking about here! Couldn't be more excited about it, unless it was Naked Snake from MGS3 =P). But yeah, I left Sonic alone because of this, and also because, I've actually seen someone upload the OFFICIAL Sonic Heroes models, for Half Life 2 I believe.... Why make a model when you can grab the REAL COMPANY'S one, lmao. But actually, I would like to make Sonic anyway, because I can kind of add my own touches, like I do when I draw him.

So thank you everyone for your help! I will post again when I'm ready to continue this step, but due to the problems I am currently having with Maya, I have to go even further backwards than this.... >.<