View Single Post
# 9 19-10-2008 , 06:12 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by gster123
That made me laugh, Are? Is there an accent in your typing there?

while it may seem strange, yes it is really.
without my regional accent i would never make that mistake

"Originally posted by elephantinc
Dont get me started on the whole, Speak english properly you stuck up Brit, FOR GOD SAKE ITS ARE LANGUAGE, IT is ergo what we make it (dictionary makers sont make up new words or change the language!), so if you think Jelly is Jam......

Im gonna stop there before i burst a blood vessel

Just so you know I wasn't bashing you at all, it's just some stupid crap I heard while playing a game, it did make me laugh a little bit because the american was speaking ebonics telling an english guy that his american sucks.

quote:
UPDATE: while its not true of all Americans, more do seem to take stereotypes as fact more than others, but after all, from what we know of stereotypes americans are idiots anyway

You will never see me argue with the fact that americans (not all but a huge majority) are idiots, haha

quote:
..and all asians are terrorists

Asians aren't the one's we're calling terrorists over here anymore it's Arabs and the Taliban and Iraq and so on.... but us American's don't really know whats going on, the news jerks us all over the place and we hate different countries and a different class of people every day depending on what the news tells us to hate, which is why I stay away from the news.

quote:
and im from lancashire so are therefore in the dark ages and have an IQ under 60 [/B]

I live in Plattsburgh, NY which is about 30 minutes from the border of Canada, I'm apparently either Canadian, Redneck, or from "THE CITY" a.k.a. New York City, if I don't explain to a person where Plattsburgh is."

I know that you wasn't bashing me {Edit: OGM, im talking like a chav}, you just reminded me about the language point.

and with the rest, i was, of course, joking about the stereotypes ( is doesn't mean some of them dont have any truth though)

https://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/as28g11/