Thread: Site tutorial
View Single Post
# 32 17-11-2008 , 05:13 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Mirek

Im almost finished, should be on the site either the weekend or early next week.

There is a balance really in the whole process. there are things that you just dont record because of time issues and also thinking about the viewer,you dont want them to get bored so its done in stints, such as doing uvs, the same goes for the model and the textures.

You could record the whole lot but there'd be a hell of repeated content in the 3 main areas. So I try and emphasise important parts and what to do, and keep it as simple as I can. Behind the scenes theres a lot more work going on.

I try to lay it out in modules, and plan in my head what i need to achieve in the episode and go from there. Having 14 years experience certainly helps so you get into it straight off the bat, but there are times when you may have to redo a whole episode from scratch because of external noises like the bin men or if its late at night some idiot crawling back from the pub shouting, or phones etc...Ive even burped during a recording session, so thats the nature of the beast. LOL I kept it incase Dave wants to use it as an out take for the site....

Anyway offto bed its near 1am

Jay