View Single Post
# 19 03-04-2008 , 05:58 PM
Subscriber
JBannick-

Hey man, not to get into a brawl with those guys but all I really mean is for you to think ahead for a second. What if you do get into a position and start at the bottom ranks, right ,,, so at some point and time, if your strong suite is not drawing, ok ,, at some time find a way to communicate your thoughts so that those whom are very good at drawing will respect your thoughts when faced with any task.

The other guys on this thread feels very passionate about what they feel they know and I have to respect that but at the same time. When you land a job somewhere in the big world of art. You will need this under your belt so that when you run into some person that will not respect what you can bring to the table you will be prepared. Be a jake of most traits in this field, master the understanding and theory like Acid44 said.

I work in the industry full-time and I have been and seen lots of things and places.
Good artist from the bad ones and I tell yah, sometimes your looked down on from those whom feel that they have the holy grail of drawing. It can become political, seriously.

In closing, I would like to say, good luck man and may all your wishes come true, one more thing, go out and find this book call "The Illusions Of Life" also the Animators Survival Kit. Read these from start to finish. Allow them to inspire you to appreciate what drawing and animation is all about and then ask yourself "where should you go from there".

I promise you, that from anyone that knows what they are talking about when giving advice will mention these books among others. Good Luck Man:attn:

Oh also LuckyCats u and your friend the Camel dude, If you listen closely too what I was really saying you would change your point of view. But if you want to argue, fight by words, yo man I have no time for it at all, so lets be friends and help a fellow artist out by stirring him in the right direction, not confuse him, in other words "pass it on" he will inspire someone someday as well saying something close to what this conversation is all about, who knows after getting into those books that I mention, he might be the next Glen Ken of Disney, look him up bro, peace!!!!!! and lets celebrate, I mean it sincerely.

Savnac :bow: :attn: :bow: