View Single Post
# 1 17-08-2008 , 07:43 AM
Subscriber

sorry but another maya computer question

Ok so it's more than just a good computer for maya. I need a computer that can also handle games like Crysis and Assassins Creed. I bought assassins creed out of stupidity by not looking at the specs, got it all installed and it said my processor speed was too slow. I was thinking somethings messed up because it's 3.2GHz, so I then finally looked at the back of the box and it requires Dual core processor 2.6GHz

So I've decided to start looking around at pc's, don't want to go with dell, possibly an HP but I don't really have all that much money to spend. Should I be settling with dual core or should I just keep saving that extra money to go for the quad core? 32 bit or 64 bit? The more processors how does that work with the RAM? With dual core would 2 gigs of ram be split up, 1 gig per processor? Would that feel any slower than my current 3.2GHz processor with 2 gigs? I'm kind of confused now with all this dual and quad core crap, haha.

And whatever computer it is, it doesn't need to have a great graphics card, I do have a Quadro FX 3450 to replace whatever the computer comes with.

My other main problems right now is Vista, I really don't want to have to switch over to Vista, I'm kind of attached to XP and don't want to give it up just yet, but it seems you can't buy it with XP anymore.

Can anyone help me with this at all, point me in the right direction (not Mac, I've used mac's before, thats what I started computers with, and thats what I used to do editing with when my mom needed help at her home business).

So the questions isn't just about maya, but also video games that require lots of processor speeds. I'm sure I'm not going to find one in my price range but I'd still like to know what I have to aim for.

- Mike

https://rhetoriccamel.blogspot.com