Thread: Eye Character
View Single Post
# 29 17-08-2009 , 10:40 AM
Subscriber
finally got round to retexturing the iris (irises are pretty disgusting and scary to look at up close and big... so veiny and icky)

the attempt was to try get something that took two distinct colours mixed in... the colours don't look mixed in too well because i couldn't use the smudge tool to mix colours or the iris pattern would die... so in the end i just used the eraser at different opacities

the iris is based on a blue eye because they have a more interesting pattern than brown eyes which all my eyes have been based off (due to pure laziness)

a mix of blue and brown
user added image

pure blue
user added image

reluctantly going with the theme of grey and yellow
user added image
reluctantly because i want the iris to stand out (and what better way than to be out of place?)

also redid the wings, half the amount of polygons now (i was lazy and just duplicated the sword blade without deleting the faces you would never ever see)
i think i will add the colour mix to the metal feathers as per the original texture, just to make it less... plain
took forever to find these colours... also, the grey metal looks a bit green and red in some places because there is a wall with a blue-green-red radial gradient in front (just to test the reflection)
user added image

not sure which iris to go with... maybe the pure blue, or maybe the brown-blue but mix the colours a bit better (anyone know a good way of mixing two pictures without killing the pattern?)

or maybe i'll try green and red... hmmm that sounds icky

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D