View Single Post
# 5 16-07-2012 , 01:40 PM
I still have no clue what you are trying to do but lets start to unravel it shall we...

Terms

- shape to me means an object and I see one polygonal object in the scene.
- what I see your lines pointing towards are poly faces which are "components"

So far I have deduced you are trying to do something with the small rectangular poly face that is in the yz plane and have that somehow affect the two large poly faces that are in the xz plane??

But I don't know what you specifically want to do to the small yz poly face and what you are expecting it to do to the two large xz poly faces??? You are saying you want to rotate the small polyface and have it also rotate the two larger polyfaces I just don't know what you mean by it! I mean if you want to rotate the three polyfaces then select them all, set a pivot point and rotate them! It seems you are describing some mystical connection between the small poly face and the two larger polyfaces and seem to think you can manipulate just one and have it affect the other two?

Maybe tell us what tutorial you are trying to follow and the point you are at so we can see what the tutorial is telling you to do and what to expect would help us? Is it from a book, something online, something we can look at?

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 16-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.