Thread: 3D tv
View Single Post
# 8 22-08-2009 , 10:20 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
I can't stand the stereoscopic videos, unless it's only about 5 minutes long, then I'm good. Stereoscopic should be left for still images only, and the new technology (whatever it is) that they're using for all these movies in 3d at the theaters would be a better idea even for on tv. Although I haven't been to see one of these new 3d movies with the clear lenses (atleast I heard they're clear lenses) I'm guessing this would be less strain on the eyes. The different color lenses on each eye gives me and a lot of other people major headaches and completely f's up my vision for a while screwing around with colors and brightness when the glasses are off and I'm looking at something as simple as a blank white wall, colors are different in each eye.

sorry, but its not really possible to use the clear type on TV, Everyone would have to buy a special tv and (of course) glasses.
Its not really new, its been around for as long as I remember (although thats not that long ago), in theme park rides and things

https://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/as28g11/