Thread: Fatal Error!
View Single Post
# 1 18-09-2002 , 12:46 PM

Fatal Error!

Both I and someone else have posted about this on CGTalk, without much success, so I was wondering if any of you guys know what this is all about:

The error message goes something like:

"Fatal Error attempting to save in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\temp\14489047.ma"

well that's roughly what it looks like anyway, the filename may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was a .ma

Now this has happened to me a couple of times recently. First time I had something running in the background so I put it down to that.

Second time, I was working on file for which I was using Incremental Save, with Limit Saves set to 20. After a while the save function stopped working, i.e. it generated a new file but it was all messed up: wrong materials in the wrong places and stuff. Anyway, I was in the middle of a complicated mapping operation and Boom! up comes the error message. So Maya closes, I start her up again when Boom! something like this:

"Maya.exe has generated errors and will be closed" (roughly) at which point my system hung so bad I had to reboot.

Now I saved the last good file under a new name and turned limit incremental saves off and so far, no more problems.

has anyone experienced anything like this before or know the cause?