View Single Post
# 43 02-04-2010 , 03:05 AM
Yeah, I just started re-designing mine. The hardest part for me isn't the coding or the graphics, really...it's figuring out the content/organizing/purpose. Content is king and it really dictates the site's architecture. For example, you could be making a portfolio to simply direct people to that you've already been in contact with. You could create a site to generate freelance work on its own (Hire Me! type of sites). Maybe you just want to include everything to do with you...a vanity site...that includes portfolio, hobbies, tutorials, etc. Maybe that's too general. You have to choose the tone of voice as you write...1st person...3rd person....casual...formal. All valid but different approaches.

I can appreciate the folks that build sole purpose sites- "I'm a modeler, these are my models, these are my modeling tutorials and contact." Easy peasy! It gets a little more convoluted when your career path has veered all across the creative map and you have to figure out the best way to represent everything without losing the site's focus. It doesn't help being indecisive either. Hehehe.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."