View Single Post
# 19 03-09-2007 , 07:27 AM

Originally posted by pbman

you guys were luck with ur £1120 tut fees
i have to pay £3070 a year for 3 years

edit: i was told uni was gonna be mainly self taught - my math teacher told me that for him a theory was explained once then a problem given and 2 weeks to solve it, if they didnt know how they had to research and learn themselves/in group

Is the Price with the top up fees that they have now? I was lucky, as I had worked full time for 5 years I got my fees free when I went to uni.

As for the self learning, thats true, if you want to just pass the course then just do the work set, if the teaching that you gets not up to the standerd for you to pass then theres a problem, if you want to get a good grade at the end of the day, your going to have to learn it via researching, at the end of the day its there to further your knowlage and so that you can problem solve.

I think its aweful if your getting no support at all and the lecturers dont know what there menat to be teaching, that just takes the mick and smacks of the lecturers not liking their job.

You should be getting the UCAS questionare soon so you might be best venting your feelings on that as it goes into the overall marking of the course.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle