View Single Post
# 11 25-01-2004 , 07:50 PM
I understand it could happen... i just find the way in which he told us and made a point to let everyone know it was his first model it just seemd like he was purposely being decieving. It may be his first completed model, but he didnt say that untill later, he said it was his first model. And, even if you know how something "Should" look, if you are new to a program you wont know how to get the desired results because you dont know little tricks that you learn through practice and experience. I doubt that someone could do a model that clean by only studying other peoples wireframes, examining models and so on. Theres still the degree of how well you know the application that would make a big impact in how well the model turned out. with 20 hours of tweaking a model could come out like that, assuming he knew how everything worked. He mentioned he was new to 3d modeling, new to maya, and new to lightwave. So its unlikely skills learned from another 3d application helped in this case when hes unfamiliar with them. Its impracticle to assume its his first, even his first completed model. Its still overly average even fore that. He could get away with saying his first model on this site... but first model ever i honestly believe hes stretching the truth, a lot.