View Single Post
# 11 08-06-2010 , 04:43 AM

I just don't like using pelt mapping. It takes me about 10 minutes to unwrap a head manually, and a bit more for pelt mapping, as I have to export the file, import, uv, export, import. I just like the control I get over the normal way than with pelt mapping. I also find that doing it by hand makes the uv's less odd looking, and makes it easier to paint on.

It's true that I dont have any production experience and haven't tried "very" hard to master Mays's default UV techniques.But ,when I started UVing I eventually felt that Maya dont give me enough flexibility or adequate smart tool for robust uving...unless, you make yourself used to with those default ones.

Moreover, I always tend to unwrap an organic mode as one piece.I dont know if it is good or bad, but it makes my life a lot easier.It is like un-skinning an animal after slaughter.Though, again I would admit I dont know the production standard and I am not-so-good at texturing.Could you please let me know something about it.

As for the tool quality, I have found many people who complain about the uv tools of maya, only.They say they lack stuff and point out something more simple for uving. Technically speaking, without ABF++, LSCM algorithm.... seriously makes me feel like an person trying to learn swimming in a stormy ocean.

Last edited by iamcreasy; 08-06-2010 at 08:49 AM.