View Single Post
# 5 27-12-2010 , 08:28 PM
Just began with a new WIP. I will model a siberian tiger and texture it. Maybe I will take it into ZBrush later for adding some more details.

I had to use an anatomical image of a domestic cat, best I could find on the internet. If someone knows of a better one, plz let me know.

I modeled the body from a box, all quads sofar. The head will be made seperate from the body, cause I hate boxmodeling, when it comes to more detailed objects. So I'll model it poly by poly and connect it with the body lateron.

user added image

EDIT: This is how the head looks at the current stage. I kept it very simple, so that it will be asier to connect it with the body lateron. I will just model a socket for the inner mouth and later make a quick rig for the head to pose it wide open to be able to work on all the interiors.

As I don't have a suitable shot of this tiger from sideview, I will tweak the proportions lateron with help from other ref pics. I don't like working with image planes so much, cause I think freehand modeling is better training.

user added image

PS: I have a few triangles now, may fix it later, but does no harm sofar.

EDIT:
Body is almost complete now, but I got to get rid of some unnecessary edge loops. I want to keep the option to use the tiger as a game creature, so I don't want to add further edgeloops now to get an even spread of polygons across the whole model.

How would you guys improve this base model?

user added image
user added image
user added image

Feel free to give crits, that's what I'm here for!!!

TDWuser added image