Thread: dynamic ribbon
View Single Post
# 3 22-10-2008 , 10:50 PM
Hey Eric, thanks for creating the new thread.

So, like I said as the hint before: nCloth to the rescueuser added image

Basicly, the jist is this:

As long as your bow is made of polys, you would select it, and make it an nCloth object.

Then you can use a "Transform" nConstraignt to "pin" the bottom of the bow to the lid so it doesn't come off no matter what the lid does or where it goesuser added image

Then, adjust the Nucleus node settings (WAY too many attributes to list here so read the help) to get the proper "bounce" and ribbon-like jiggle motion, etc.

Then simply make the floor a "passive" object under the nCloth menu so when the ribbon contacts the floor, it either crushes, OR, bounces softly, or slides, etc.

Whatever you want it to douser added image

It really is easier than I've made it sound here, and I will "TRY" to make a sample at work tomorrow to see if I can narrow-down the settings you might need, but really once you read the help on the Nucleus node it all becomes apparent pretty quicklyuser added image

Also, for anyone interested, Duncan Brimsmead, one of Autodesk's creators of nCloth and the Nucleus module has an AWESOME blog at the AREA at Autodesk, and his nCloth section is AWESOME:
https://area.autodesk.com/index.php/b...g_list/nCloth/

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com