Thread: dynamic ribbon
View Single Post
# 5 23-10-2008 , 12:36 AM
I read this in the other other thread, and though of ncloth straight away!

Wouldn't you adjust the ncloth node itself to get the right properties as the neuclus node adjusts the solvers attributes, gravity, time, substeps etc etc, not the cloth properites, drag, bounce lift etc etc?

What might help out is loading up some presets and seeing if they give you a close match to what you want, this would save you time messing about with all the properties individually (they also have some help in the Notes section in the attribute editor). Then go and tweeks the settings for a final adjustment.

I watched a presentation by Jos Stam, the guy who did the maths behind the neucleus solver, he went over how the maths works to get ethe solver to work, and Its a work of genius, its a bit like "why the heck didnt I think of that" moment! Ncloth is so light he had a C window that showed the solver running in realtime with lots of interactions, he even got it to solve Pi, as its based off a spring which is then made into a circle, and the solver calculates the circle without using Pi, upping the substeps, then solves the circle to a higher degree thus giving Pi.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle

Last edited by gster123; 23-10-2008 at 01:08 AM.