View Single Post
# 1 17-10-2007 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber

strange requests

Hi all, I have finally decided to ask.., I reckon at least 5-8 times a year i get requests, which are odd in their contents, wanting help..?? they want my e-mail address and beg for it. I give my G-mail address which i have because I get so many of these odd e-mails and never hear from the person/people again.

some of them seem quiet innocent and some are out right asking me to break the law.., can I have this and can i have that.

this is not new to 'share files' and thats not really the strange part of it.., they seem more.., sinister than that.., and considering the different kinds of e-mail fraud there are, and with AVs getting so good.., this is obviously a way to get into maybe not my system, maybe it is, maybe its innocent.., maybe they want to get into the uni system with my uni address (which I would never give out). I have a number of addresses for different reasons.., and one i have because of these wried pleas for my e-mail address, when its .., strange when its just as easy to help people via this forum

anyway.., i need not say more, everyone understands what im on about

what Im asking is.., am I the only one that gets these e-mails.., which would seem to me often to be the same person using a different alias.., remember all this is speculation.., but it might be of use to the younger ones here.., I dont want to scare anyone.., but the same rules apply here as far as safety on the net as they do anywhere.

anyone else getting these e-mails from time to time??

take it easy and life will be easy