View Single Post
# 5 19-10-2008 , 05:35 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Ive dug up more on teeth, here are some quotes (some are from British people, dont assume there all US)
(i am not expressing any opinions on these quotes)

"The sterotype of bad teeth in england comes from the pre 1950's when the water in england contained something (i forget what) that rotted away at teeth. When science became more advanced and aware of this they removed said ingredient in the water and since then english teeth are just plain fine."

the bad teeth thing comes from americans thinking "good" teeth have to be blindingly white thanks to bleach and veneers. good / healthy teeth are being confused with fake bleached "hollywood" teeth.

Jordan, you already know I love England, and not just London, but... heh..I was on the "other" tube, the underground one, a few years back, and I couldn't help but start to chuckle, the group of Brits sitting across from me had god awful teeth... heh. Sorry. Anyway, I know people are people.

and other topics (all quotes)

People say to me "oh your from London", nope I rarely go..London had the biggest mixture of ethnicities in GB anyways and its true not everyone is posh! People also seem to think the men in London wear bowler hats and suits , what?!?!

I like a full English with bubble and squeek, and you can't beat a good pasty. In London there's two pubs on every block and they are all full ever night. London rocks, the best city I've ever been to. I think the bad teeth thing is a steriotype from before national healthcare. Millwall fans are English and by far the worst football hooligans in the world. Please start blowing your nose instead of swallowing your snot.

(referring to an american) We stereotype you as ignorant and overweight. The overweight thing has slowly become truth though.
I think the ignorance thing is to do with the general lack of knowledge some Americans have on countries outside there own.
The amount of times i've been mistaken as an Australian by your American people is laughable.
But i realise the ignorance thing isn't totally true... as you've got a few clever peopleuser added image

Do you guys play any baseball in the UK? I've never heard of it being played over there, or in most of Europe for that matter. Maybe baseball is frowned upon because cricket is the traditional stick and ball game? Most people play the baseball in the US growing up. It was always fun to just have a catch. Don't think I've ever seen a brit w/ a baseball mitt though. (I hate this quote because BASEBALL WAS INVENTED BY THE BRITISH!)

baseballs a birds game over ere and its called rounders. basketball is a birds game called netball. american football is like rugby but we fink american football is for women and gays as the amount of paddin they wear!!
(obviously from an ignorant chav)

A discussion (dont get me started on this one)
Ok first off your teeth is yellowish. Find a dentist real quick. If one exist on ur town! Tea & Crumpets? What's a crumpet? Crappy cookies? BTW Kate Beckinsale once said poppy cock on a late night show! I haven't seen England myself. How far r u from England? You should try to b more stereotypical just for fun of it lol!!!
FunnyPranks (2 years ago) Reply
Research crumpets their nothing like cookies.
Danniifer (2 years ago) 0 Reply | Spam
Ok first off your comment was laughable. Find a brain real quick if one exist(s) in* your town! I'll disregard the comment about crumpets because well sure, not everyone will know what they are. Oh, Kate Beckinsdale (don't care to check the spelling of her name, this is how little she means to anything) once said poppy cock on a late night show,

and the last one

Most importantly, don't mix up England and Britain.
whales and scotland aren't posh (dont complain at this, i part welsh and proud)

https://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/as28g11/