Thread: widescreen
View Single Post
# 8 25-10-2002 , 07:39 AM

Perhaps this could be a solution.

Originally posted by philybeeee
720 x 576 widescreen 16:9 (1.422)

This resolution ain´t a widescreen,You can check it with a calculator. Actually the ratio this resolution offers you is 5:4. However, this is the ratio you´d like to output your final video though, since that´s the Horizontal Vertical (HV) ratio most TV screens offer now. (although various widescreen 16:9 screens are being sold now, for EXTREMELY high prices user added image)

Maybe this could be causing you some trouble.

Perhaps this could help you:
  • Render the animation itself in this format (If available) 724 X 408, this will give you the HV Ratio you´re looking for (16:9).
  • In Premiere ©, establish the composition resolution or the new video settings (honestly, I don´t remember very well Premiere © but I´m sure you´ll get the whole idea) to the 720 X 576 format you mentioned before. (Most of the time this format is called CCIR-601, it´s the full PAL/NTSC Studio Resolution or so I read)
  • Import your 16:9 widescreen animation file into the 5:4 workspace you just created. I suppose you´ll have to scale it down just a bit since the difference is only four pixels, move it a bit to the center and if your background is black then you´ll have your top/down bars.
  • Now render you video or export it as VCD like you were doing.
I Hope this helps you a bit.
user added image

btw: If you really want to know, the official resolution for the VCD format is 352 X 288 (240 NTSC) and it is called CIF- 601, maybe it would be better instead of using the CCIR-601.

adldesigner
Caracas, Venezuela
Hell .. not gone perse, but with a certainly lower post count per day.

Last edited by adldesigner; 25-10-2002 at 08:02 AM.