View Single Post
# 4 09-01-2006 , 02:34 AM
I've made some progress with the dog. Here's a shot of the jaw after being fixed up a bit:

user added image

Now, my next question if you will:

In the video the instructor is manipulating the lower jaw and matching the edges up to the skull in order to combine some vertices and create continuous edges. At this point he decides to chop the dog and jaw pieces in half to allow for easier manipulation. Then, "poof!" half the dog and jaw are gone and he's combining vertices! The problem is, he didn't TELL us how to do that particular step. I tried fooling around with the mirror cut command, but it seems he used a different method. When I mirror cut, I gain one-half a dog super-imposed on top of the original. Whatever he uses, he appears to cut one-half the dog away.

For a look-see; it takes place on dog tutorial part 3 around the 24 minute mark.

If anyone knows which tool he uses, or has any links to resources regarding said process, I would be much obliged.

I'm afraid I won't be able to make much progress through this "beginner" tutorial otherwise.

Thx,

Inuzori

Last edited by inuzori; 09-01-2006 at 06:22 AM.