View Single Post
# 12 22-01-2003 , 10:44 PM
Subscriber
Yeah, I'm not sure what that means either. I think he means that I wrote a post on the thread explaining how to stick an image in Maya so you can model with it. Basically, you slap an image file onto a poly plane. To answer your question about repeating textures, bring up the attribute window for your object. (right-click>material attributes.) To the right of the color slider thing, there is a box which usually has a B&W checker thing on it, but should have an arrow icon instead if you already have assigned a texture to it. Anyway click it. The window switches to the texture attribute window. At the top, you will see the name of your texture on one tab and "place2dTexture1" right beside it. Click the "place2dTexture" tab. Here, you can modify how big or small the texture will be, the slant of it, and a host of other things. You can also change how many times THE TEXTURE REPEATS ITSELF. For a 2D texture, you will see "Repeat UV" and for a 3D texture "scale." Increasing or decreasing these values will change how many times the texture repeats.

www.Darkware3D.com