View Single Post
# 2 12-09-2006 , 03:11 PM
Hello.

It seems that your problem is not that uncommon judging from a quick search in Google. I have never encounted this error message - I use 6.5 but it seems that this error message has many of causes and is probaly a pretty generic error.

But your problem is a bit strange. Why would Maya try to write to the HD when you try to translate objects and go into transparent mode? Is is something to do with Maya having a problem writing to the virtual memory or its own temp files? I have no idea.

I would recommend that you check your video card drivers, I remember that some other graphics app had the same error message and they traced it back to Microsoft's expertly written Open GL implementation.

Check your DLL files for corrupts as errors with RAM and HD and do a AV, spyware scan - I heard that they could cause this. And have you tried reinstalling your OS from a clean disk? If Maya ain't broke but Windows is, reinstalling Maya won't do a thing.

Also it would be helpful to everyone if you could post some error logs, if there are any.

Hope this is of some help.