View Single Post
# 12 02-11-2006 , 11:13 PM

Originally posted by The Architect
One thing that I'm sure about is that the more cores or processors you have, the faster Maya will run. And thats true for many professional apps as well. Does anyone use a SMP system here?

Anyways about the stuff with the BIOS, I wouldn't know as I don't use a dual core computer. I have to say though, it is a bit strange that such a feature is present considering how dual core processors are implemented. What kind of a situation would require one core to be turned off? Power saving? Really, the more it burns the better.

And dual core processor is still one processor anyway, no matter how you look at it.

Yep I agree with you, seems a bit strange that why would you not want a dual core processor to be dual core?? Maybe for pure number crunching, instead of sharing the load and application it runs both cores for a single app??? Dunno to be honest.

The other thing is that the intel core duo 2 thats in my PC switches off a core to powersave and lowers the clock frequency, if its isnt needed. BUT its there in the BIOS as an option.

Like I said I read somewhere that apparantly, Maya, in a test that this author did ran quicker when it thought the Processor was a single logic, and like I said if I could find the author I would post it.

Also I dont think that anyone was questioning that dual core is dual processor

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle