Thread: VFX for a movie
View Single Post
# 26 13-04-2003 , 04:00 PM

critique of spaceships

HI, just checked out your stuff... Uh, did you UV map that thing?... i mean the upclose shots one, not sure if it's the same as the saucer one... textures look like they are laying on there a little weird? Makes it look sort of flat. But i know it's still in progress, so sorry if i'm telling you things you already know!

Uh, so can we know what movie this is for?

Also, maybe for that laser-blob stuff that's coming out of the thing should be brightest-white near the mouth of the machine [where it is most concentrated and hot] and most colorful and fading out near the end of the flame

And the pics with the lights showing from the bottom of the spaceship look too noisey. Not sure how you are making them so don't know what to offer for advice to fix it... if it's a map, maybe you don't have filtering turned on? or maybe you rendered with low anti-aliasing. Or your texture map [if that's what you are using] is too low res and pixelating.??

looking good though! please don't take any criticisms negatively... just trying to help you! best of luck.

j...