Thread: HOME THEATRE
View Single Post
# 9 05-03-2011 , 06:40 PM
19 year Veteran

everything is set up ok but its still not working when i do a 5.1 test every speaker plays ok except for the center which is weird as the subwoofer works(If I'm not wrong they are on the same cable).

Sorry I could not help you with your logitech problem in that last post. I had to cruise the internet to see how it worked.

Anyway, you might not have something set up correctly.

Double check your speaker connections, especially the ones that connect to your PC. If your using the 5.1 to stereo down converter, and you have that plugged into a usb port or something else, and have your sound card set to 5.1, you wont get center channel sound because the channels in a 5.1 signal are all discrete. They are not matrixed like in a 2 channel set up.

If your sound card is 5.1 and it doesn't have the green, black, and orange 1/8 connectors then you need to look up your sound card info and assign the ports because you don't want to plug anything into the pink connector because it's just for mics. And from what I have read, alot of people have been doing that.

Hope this helps out.

Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images