View Single Post
# 1 28-02-2004 , 08:06 PM
Subscriber

UV poly texturing problem i'm having

I went through Mike's tutorial on UV poly texturing. I mapped all the faces on a head i modeled. I took a UV snapshot, brought it into Maya as a tga and then did a simple texture. When I brought the image into Maya in the Hypershade and applied the texture to the head, the texture went wierd and went all over the head. So instead of the face texture being applied to the front and the half head texture being applied to both sides of the head, the texture looked like it wasn't mapped or something, even though I thought I had done the inital mapping okay.

I've attached a file of the mapped UVs that I would then take into Photoshop, create the layers and then make some simple textures. It shows the face, side of the head and a couple of teeth. (I also deleted one side of the head and duplicated the other side of the head so that the texture would apply to both sides). Can someone tell me if I've doing this right so far? Just that when I applied the texture in Maya, I didn't get the result. I know I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what.

Thanks, help much needed,
user added image

Attached Images

Last edited by greenleaf; 28-02-2004 at 08:38 PM.