View Single Post
# 1 12-01-2009 , 09:36 AM

recommended pixels/inch and targa...

I'm about to render a short logo animation for a movie we made in school. It will be shown in a small movie theater-sized screen. I'm using MentalRay, quality is default production motion blur, and frame size is HD 1080p. Pixels per inch is set to the default 72.

I did a test render of one frame and blown up it looks pretty pixelated on my monitor. So I'm assuming that it'll look even more awful in the theater. Is it because of the pixels per inch? Is there a recommended number for pixels per inch for images that will be shown on a screen about as large as the ones found in small movie theaters?

Or is it because I'm using jpeg? I wanted to use Targa, but I was having trouble with the Alpha Channel. When I import the sequence to Premier Pro 2 (as a sequence of frames) and I select to ignore alpha channels, for some reason, Premiere only ignores the FIRST frame of the sequence. All the other frames have black backgrounds. Is there a way to render in targa without alpha channels? Or perhaps, a way to make Premiere Pro 2 ignore ALL frames of a sequence?