View Single Post
# 3 19-03-2013 , 06:20 PM
Thanks for taking the time give your input Falott. Its appreciated. Your comparison of the crystal you worked on is a great comparison to my problem. Deep down i know you're right in saying that this project requires more precision ala AutoCAD etc. . . Especially as i want to physically make this object at some point. I'm just looking for possibilities other than wrangling with unfamiliar, brain melting software again at this point in time?

Maths was never a strong subject of mine which would be distinct advantage working out required angles and tolerances etc.

Don't fancy playing with booleans as ive been close to poking my own eyes out in frustration when things have just 'crumpled' while altering geometry in the past. If anything else springs to mind - i'd love to hear. Thanks again.

Has anyone else encountered anything similar to this? Any workarounds/advice for this situation at all would be FANTASTIC. . . Its getting to be one of those projects that started off with such enthusiasm and excitement that is slowly draining away the more brick walls and hurdles get thrown my way. . . Don't get me wrong - i'm no quitter - would just be nice to catch a break on this and actually feel like i'm making progress! ? ! ? !