Thread: BMW 316i
View Single Post
# 1 12-09-2007 , 08:50 AM

BMW 316i

hi! long time no post.

this is my first car to be finished hopefully. a friend and I are going to use it in a short animation mixed with real film. he will be responsible for the postproduction with aftereffects I do the 3D stuff. we thought about to learn new things with this project - like motion tracking with boujou and integrating 3D in real film. we don´t quite know what will come out in the end but this car is for a first tracking test - so I made it kind of quick and dirty, tho it looks pretty fine by now I think.

interior is just very quick and very dirty to give silhouettes only. I guess we´ll use a lot of motion blur to conceal minor and major deficits of my model. If it turns out to need more work - well.

modeling time was about a week
modeled with maya
rendered with mental ray

things which are still bothering me on the model are mostly all glas parts like the head and the rear lights.
chromeShader doesn´t work too well also.
plastic parts are weird too - used a simple lambert shader

things which have to be done -> texture and specMaps for simulating dirt on the finish and of course getting the lights right!

C&C are welcome. if anyone knows some good headlight tutorial please dont hesitate to tell me. I´m going to search this forum now as there are a lot of fancy car threads here.

Attached Thumbnails

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.