View Single Post
# 15 19-02-2003 , 03:12 PM
Subscriber

Back Again

Hi Gang back again

Been reedin' me Maya Character animation book - it's bloody big!!! Initial thoughts are that it contains a huge amount of info but it doesn't go into too much depth on the details. This is difficult though for a book of this nature since it is covering modelling, texturing, animation, rigging and some of Maya's new features. If it went into the detail I would like it would be 2,000 pages long!

I got it from Amazon for £36 compared to £48 RRP. I would recommend it to people who might not even want to do character animation but modelling and texturing only. The bit I like is at the end of the book where it talks you through a little frog project from initial drawings through modelling, texturing, rigging and animation - I love these kinda fings!

One area that I am completely confused about though is that in that last project with the frog they create one set of bones to manipulate the rig then another set of bones to control these bones. This is a feature that I am used to in A:M, you have geometry bones which have DIFFERENT control bones, but I cannot figure out why in Maya since the bones are exact duplicates...user added image

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com