View Single Post
# 1 11-12-2008 , 04:57 PM
Subscriber

why not render on other apps. ?

I try to learn Maya since 3 jears and I feel like I will never get good results.
I looked what the problem could be and I know now that the ability to render my big problem is.

But now it is coming!!!

I was never interestet in other apps. like Maya!!! because I thought that the TOP
let grow me up to a Top pro!

A friend told me that he work with C4D 10 and that it is very easy to get good Renders. I worked on his station and attempt myself on this system.
It was a bit tricky to Model and so on, but that is routine and I rendert an image and I was wondering why there was so few settings to addjust.
turn on GI and it works! Turn on ambient occlusion and very realistic!
raytracing works fine and you must only set ON
And that works for everything I tried

Ok the thing is that you don´t have so much settings and not a big attack on the Result, but for what??
I set thousand settings up and down and my results look bad!
In C4D I click on on on and I´m finish and Lucky...

The question is what is neccesary to add or leave, like when you model something! Is it neccasary to much polys to use or is the half enough to be happy with the result?

The same with rendering, is it neccassary to adjust every single Ray or GI point?

what is your Goal? I try to visualize my visions and I´m so slowed down with my progress because of my bad rendering skills!
I know that when I where a pro that maya is the bigger tool, but I don´t see me in Hollywood and for that I´m thinking if a more consumer orientet growht app. is better for me!?! Please help me to wash my Brain!!!