View Single Post
# 1 25-03-2005 , 03:29 PM
Subscriber

raytracing on a white plain...

hey all,

i have a scene which is basically a glass object (ramp shader + reflections mapped to the reflected color) on top of a plane which has a white lambert assigned to it. i have everything set up with raytracing so that the shadow of the glass object is being refracted in the glass object itself. no problems here. but... now i want the plane to be plain white. real white. i usually do this by assigning a back ground shader to the plane and by setting up a plain white image plane. with dmap shading this works fine, but with raytracing it does not. for me at least. in my case i get indeed a plain white plane, but it goes wrong in the refraction part. the plane is refracted BLACK in the glass. so, my glass object is now almost totally black. i tried several things, like playing around with the visible in refraction/reflections for both plane and image plane, but i can't get it to work. when i turn off visible in refractions for the plane, the blackness is gone, but, off course, i have no refraction of the shadow, just the shadow unrefracted. i also played around with the environment colors for camera and object, but black for both seems to be the way to go. when i set them to white i get an almost all white glass object...
i bet there is probably an easier way to set up a totally white plane, but i have not found it so far. can someone point me in the right direction? thanks alot.

tiz