View Single Post
# 6 20-02-2006 , 02:14 PM
I just thought that this might be of some use to you:

https://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutori...uring/248.html

(I hope that it is ok to post this link here). I just replied to you on the other thread, so check that out. Basically, if i understand you correctly, the little squares that you are seeing are the planes of the polygons which make up your model. you need to arrange these in the texture editor so that they are flat (like unwrapping your xmas presents) so that you can paint on the flat image in photoshop.

As others have said, just keep persevering and it will come to you. Nine months ago all I could do with a computer was send email and look for naughty pictures :blush:. Just keep at it and it will come.

Also, make sure that you post pictures so that we can understand what you are describing. If you are not sure how to do this: you set up your screen as you want it to appear. Then hit the Print Scrn/SysRq key on the top right of your keyboard. then open up a program like paint, go to edit>paste and then save your image as an appropriate file. sorry if you already know this. Just trying to help.user added image