View Single Post
# 7 10-01-2003 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber
You're right. Cameras don't have alpha channels, although I wish they did. I could have taken the picture with a black wall behind me, had I thought about using that particular technique. What you actually see is a picture of me that has been heavily split by the poly split tool. The image originally was a square shape, so I cut the background of the shot out, leaving me, myself, and I. It would have been nice to simply do the cut in one swift movement, but unfortunately, split poly tool doesn't work that way and you have to have each vertice attach to an already existing edge. As you can probably image with all the curves in the shot of me, it took an unholy amount of time to crop. After I had created enough cuts, I deleted the exterior faces. Another problem was that once you complete a cut, you cannot move any vertices around without messing up the image UV layout. I might have been able to make the image lay on a nurbs plane, stuck a curve on it, then used the trim tool, but triming doesn't work well with me for some reason. Anyway, there you have it.

www.Darkware3D.com