Thread: Why Maya?
View Single Post
# 63 05-11-2002 , 12:20 PM
Subscriber
it is all the way you look at other software if you happen to use one the most or don't want to give up on a particular one - then you are not likely to give others a chance. i seen it myself when i got a hold of a computer with max. i thought maya is complicated to use, and now that i know a little bit how to use the ui of maya i came to the point: "cool that is how you would do it for 3d, it just comes natural if you learned how". but then i played with max a while. frustration started with the keyboard already: i tried almost every key to see what it does. and nothing changed anything. painting gestures with mouse? nope i could not find that. and i thought maya is bad as it "only" has one hierachy in gesture - i remember someone painting a picture to incredibly fast jump though such a click and drag thing in autocad i think. but then i have to thank maya for having an interface that is complex, makes use of the keyboard and even works if you only have a mouse (instead of huge tablets needed for cad programs). the best feature of max was the super cool tea pot. oh my god, who is using that? did any of you use it at all? for playing it is ok, but not to waste room on the screen - or are you supposed to have that in your animation ??

the bottom line is: i did not want to see how max is, i only wanted to see if it is as good as maya - so i was preoccupied.

Originally posted by moocow
oh PLEASE not Apple!!! PLEASE!!!

why not apple? at least in 2d graphics most pro prefer mac over windows. or you prefer microsoft over apple to buy a|w? i donĀ“t think so.