View Single Post
# 1 27-04-2012 , 11:37 PM

2 problems: 1. Maya wont expand the window I choose and 2. My character doesnt render

Problem1: Im working in the classic 4 window mode and two of them are my perspective view and my renderable camera view. I can press space to expand the camera view to full screen but when I click the perspective window and press space to expand that one (or any of the others) it just keeps expanding the render cam window? Any idea on how to fix this?

Problem2: A bit more complicated. Im doing an animation with 2 characters and am rendering the scene without lights. Im using the "Max" and "Bloke" rigs. My professor showed me a method of rendering without lights to save time and thats by adding a stage light or something in the attribute editor. So I did that but so now its not pitch black when I render but the Bloke character comes up pitch black but Max is shaded alright. My professor said it might be because Max's shaders somehow got a node plugged into the ambient color channel and that i have to go through them in the hypershade, break all the connections, and then render with lights anyway. That's alot of work considering I still have to finish animating. Is there any other way to have my character show up in the render without lights? I can inbox my work file if anyone needs more details. This is definitely the more serious issue, please help. user added image