Thread: MudBox
View Single Post
# 9 14-08-2006 , 04:04 AM
nice... really nice the topology/transfer thingie...

the mudboxers promise the layers functionality too?

anyways i (hate to) have to admit i have become a hardcore interface bitch... and the one i know best is maya´s user added image (and yes autodesk adquiring maya was actually bad news by that standard)

you know, what were getting presented to is nice, and ive actually been bitching for all that functionalty over the last 2.5 years... what id like to see now (as then) is a program with maya´s basic interface and features plus those of motionbuilder + zbrush/mudbox + gelato (more precisely what it promised than what it delivered or even better some kind of nice cutting edge hardware renderer) + POSER + VUE d´espirit + modo+ bodypaint + illustrator/painter/photoshop/premiere/aftereffects + flash-like tech +a HUGE library of premade bits and thingies easy to mix, match and alter procedurally. And a deep exploration/adobe bridge to suitably browse and clasify all that stuff.

That is what i want: the whole mature and ultimate "all-in-one, best than the others" package, with an artist friendly common interface philosophy and a smart transfer between modules easy as one click

oh almost forgot with advanced mass AI and phisics support and plugable with eclipse, and some other XHTML, ruby and python IDEs, friendly to XML, semantic net and exposing easily and simply all the internal guts, so it has to be open source too.... and, well... etc. etc. etc... like lightning fast and free, or ludicrously cheap...

so im gonna hibernate 5-10 years into the future... ;D

Last edited by dragonfx; 14-08-2006 at 07:01 AM.