View Single Post
# 5 16-03-2010 , 12:25 AM
Administrator
I'm sorry for not getting back to you, to be honest it slipped my mind as I didn't hear anything more from you. I did try to get in contact with the instructor but he's changed his e-mail address since the tutorial was made so I've been unable to ask him about the model. My guess would be that he initially wouldn't have wanted to release the scene file as instructors when they create something as complicated as an apache model usually don't. But I thought that I would give it a shot and ask him anyway since it would help you out.
We include the models for our animation tutorials, this one was an exception and therefore it was specifically mentioned on the separate animation page for this tutorial that the model was not included. As you got the bundle which is 26 hours long mainly covering the creation of an apache helicopter, the animation part was only four hours long, I would have thought that if you bought this you'd be interested in following through with the whole project.

There are plenty of fully textured apache modes available for sale, the prices of these are in general a lot higher than the $49 we sell the tutorial for as it's a complicated model and we would therefore expect people to create their own for a project like this sold at such a low price. If you do a google search for "free maya apache models" or "free maya helicopter models" you will find a few that could be used for this project if you're interested in learning the animation only. There are a lot of good sites out there which provide free models.

Again my apologies for not getting back to you straight away. I'm also sad to hear that you feel that way about the site and I wish you the best of luck with learning Maya in the future.